|To Love, To Learn and To Serve.|
|Kia Aroha Kia Akona Kia Aro Atu|
Inspired by the Gospel Values, St Francis Xavier Catholic School encourages us all to have a passion for learning and serving.
- Be the first choice of school for our Catholic community.
- Be recognised for providing an education that meets the needs of each individual.
- Strive for academic excellence.
- Resource our school with appropriate information technologies.
- Be at the cutting edge of educational development.
- Ensure the staff are well supported and proud to work at the school.
The school is a Roman Catholic Primary School, in which the whole school community, through the general school programme and in its religious instructions and observances, exercises the right to live and teach the values of Jesus Christ.
- We will create a moral climate in our school/classrooms that will promote and teach the values of Jesus Christ.
- Where possible, we will integrate the Religious Education Programme with the curriculum.
- We will develop a learning environment in our classrooms that will recognise effort and demonstrate curriculum immersion.
- We will base our teaching on recognising the importance of every child’s individual needs.
- We will provide a range of learning experiences based on seven essential learning areas plus Religious Education.
- We believe that all students can learn if they are motivated and receive appropriate help and guidance.
- We will use all available resources to help us realise our mission / goals.
- We will utilise the human resources within our community, to promote partnership in learning.
- We will consult with parents and caregivers at regular intervals to inform, share and develop a learning partnership.
- To provide a safe, happy, challenging environment which embraces the Catholic character.
- To promote strong links between home, school, Parish, whanau and the wider community.
- To continue to foster important relationships between the Parish and school.
- To identify and enhance children’s individual learning skills spiritually, academically, socially, physically and emotionally.
- To promote an education process which acknowledges and values the cultural background of pupils.
- To encourage academic achievement and life long learning skills.
- To network with local agencies to enhance educational opportunities.
- To network with Catholic schools in our diocese.
- To ensure that the school’s programmes reflect the area’s Catholic historical and cultural heritage.